9.15.2008

WOWOWOWOWWOWWW

Sharon Li is a junior that I met through HBSA and she's a sweetie pie. She sends me this message on Facebook today. What's sweeter than pie? That's her.
--
Hi Sarah,
This is Sharon :)

How are you doing?
How's google treating you?

I'm dropping this message to first and foremost say "Hi" to you!

Secondly, I started checking out InterVarsity this semester and I LOVE IT. I'm going to Marketplace and I heard that you led this small group last year (it would've been good if I knew this last semester and went to marketplace but I'm glad I didn't find out about marketplace too late).

Third, I had a wonderful summer internship experience doing Microfinance research. I started attending Microfinance Decal this semester and have had englightening conversations with Aaron and Emma. I will be joining them next semester to faciliate decal with them together until Spring 2010!

I feel like I'm following your footsteps haha :D
Are you visiting Berkeley any time? Personal visit or perhaps for Google?
Please drop me a message then.

I would love to see you again! (Since I didn't get the chance to see you this summer, thought you would be busy after graduation and vacation so I didn't want to bother you, but i would love to catch up with you at your convenience).

Have another great day at work!

Love,
Sharon
--
The things that started when I was there are still living on! CORRECTION from David: The things that God started when I was there are still living on!

Thank you Sharon for the much needed boost I needed to know that the things I cared about in college are not dead just because I have left. I don't mean I thought they would stop happening in Berkeley; I mean for myself. 4 months post-graduation, I have lost sight, touch, and momentum in seeking two passions: Jesus and social enterprise. This plus the Full Circle Fund meeting I attended last week, plus today having been a really good day (4 phone screens holler back!) is (hopefully) enough to get me going again. I told myself the "I'm adjusting to work life" excuse would only last one month. It's been over a month now. Gotta get going!

No comments: