11.25.2012

Gobble Gobble

As a kid, turkeys were either 1) dry pieces of meat that weren't as good as the ham, or 2) a hand. You know, when you take a crayon, trace your hand, draw some feathers and a little gobble gobble. In that spirit and using this, I set out to make this Thanksgiving a little more cute this year.

I made a few adjustments to the linked instructions:
  • Walgreens was out of regular Whoppers, so I used the peanut butter ones instead, which I think worked out better anyway
  • I trimmed a side of the top Oreo (like the pb cup) to make it stand better
  • I used the Oreo crumbs as the eyes


I brought it to work, Nate's friendsgiving, my family's Thanksgiving, my friendsgiving, and just had a bunch on my coffee table til they turned stale. They were a hit! I should have made more. Except that I felt a little sick eating all the bits and pieces. Next year, I might go healthier.

Happy Turkey!

No comments: