11.15.2010

LET'S GO GI-ANTS!

I'm may not the biggest Giants fan, but I sure do love them. Don't really care about any other team. The 2002 series makes me sad every time I think about it, and have been going to at least a few games every season since I was a kid. Wouldn't deny being a bandwagoner, but I've have been a lifelong fan.

So how did I spend the 2010 champion year?

This year I only got to go to one pre-season game. I watched the entire post-season on gameday on my computer (which is not actually streaming, just a delayed play-by-play). One of the few games I watched on TV, the cable box went out as Uribe hit a clutch homer. Didn't go to a single bar. Watched only one game with my buddies, and they lost that one. I did get to watch Game 4 with roommies, but was doing work at the same time. Got back to the city after 10pm every weeknight. Didn't have a single hat or shirt to wear proudly. Not to mention how I spent the final game. Missed the games, after-parties, jumping in the streets, the parade, and all the championship hugs and high fives.

But it doesn't matter because the Giants won the World Series. Don't need to be a part of it to feel the city buzzing. It's in the air :)

GO GIANTS!

No comments: